BACK 2 BASICS MINISTRY is a non-profit 501(c)(3) ministry that brings the love of God to abused, neglected and forgotten people. We provide healthy, loving relationships, and address individual spiritual, emotional, and material needs. We focus primarily on, but not limited to, teenagers in Harris and Montgomery County shelters, mental health facilities, foster homes, and similar systems, as well as those on the streets.
Some of the methods and activities to accomplish our mission may include the following:
- Spend time with the teens and fill the role of a spiritual mom and/or family.
- Provide opportunities for local Bible studies, church services, Christian concerts & events, roller-skating, bowling, dining out, weekly trips to the beauty salon and many other fun life-enriching activities.
- Volunteers lead Bible studies weekly for anyone interested.
- Welcome each new teen to the shelter with a teddy bear, special pillowcase, or other items to help give comfort in their new home/temporary shelter.
- Visit those teens that may be in the hospital, juvenile hall, or jail.
- Provide teens with Bibles, Christian magazines, books, music, etc; and furnish wholesome, uplifting movies and games for group entertainment.
- Each teen receives a birthday present on or near his/her birthday. We also organize and host regularly scheduled birthday parties (see the Birthday page).
- Each teen receives a Christmas present on or just prior to Christmas day.
- We provide a life-enriching 2week camp for boys and girls in foster care.
- As authorities permit, we send teens to local church camps and provide all the necessary supplies.
- One of our future goals is to open a short-term emergency shelter/home.
The mentorship program and individual interaction continue as much as possible with each teen even after they are adopted or placed in a foster home.